Friday, September 18, 2009

BRUINS UNVEIL WINTER CLASSIC JERSEYS


I don't hate it. I don't love it. I do like the thought process that went into it, even though I would have preferred a slightly different jersey.



The Bruins wanted to incorporate something from the jerseys worn by all 5 of the Stanley Cup winning teams in their history. And that's fine. The only thing that bugs me is the crest. It's not bad, I just would've wanted something a bit more familiar, and a bit more square. The rounded "B" just won't look right. Some variant of the classic eight-spoked B, or just a big capital letter B with squared sides would look so much better.

And maybe the B's could have opened up the whole Winter Classic Jersey question to the fans. Have an online poll, maybe in a tournament format, with different jersey styles squaring off.



The crest from the 1963 and '67 jerseys would look cool. Or the huge B from the '54 and '92. Oh well.

Sources:
NHL.com
WEEI's Big Bad Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment