Saturday, March 19, 2005

Worcester=Upset City


I hate Syracuse. There are alot of people up near my school that are Cuse fans and it sickens me. Anyone who has ever been to this part of the country knows how pathetic Syracuse fans are. They think they have a top football and basketball program. Granted, they've had alot of succes and have produced alot of quality players in both sports, but they aren't on the same level as the Oklahomas or Floridas of the world. They just aren't. That's why the ACC didn't invite them.

I also picked Bucknell to upset KU because I really didn't think Kansas was all that good. Coming down the stretch, they were absolutely terrible. I can't beleive they got a #3 seed and a game in Oklahoma City and BC got a 4 seed and games in Cleveland. KU was 3-5 over their last 8. Bucknell was a prime upset candidate team too. They beat Holy Cross in Worcester to win the Patriot League and that isn't easy to do. They also beat Pitt in Pittsburgh, that is flat out hard to do.

I picked alot of 1st round games wrong but none of my elite 8 teams are eliminated and only 1 of my sweet 16 teams is gone (LSU).

Green With Envy?
Apparently other baseball teams besides the Red Sox were sporting green on St. Patty's Day. I have my doubts that the Mets or Cards or Phillies are trying to represent their Irish communities, I think they're just trying to sell merchandise. Granted, the Red Sox sell alot of green shirts and hats, but they were wearing the green hats before they sold them to fans.

Celtics Still Rolling
This last win against Houston was very impressive. The Rockets are a good Western team that normally manhandles us but we did that to them. 10-1 with 'Twan and a game tonight against the hapless Hornets.

No comments:

Post a Comment