Here's the BCS rankings after this weekend's games:
1. LSU Tigers - Can't argue against this, but there's still one AP voter that selected Boise State as #1. What the fuck?
2. Oklahoma State Cowboys - 50.1 points per game, they still have to get through Iowa State, Texas Tech, and #6 Oklahoma.
3. Alabama Crimson Tide - They've beaten #8 Arkansas, #12 Penn State, but they have no offense apart from Richardson.
4. Stanford Cardinal - If they beat #7 Oregon this weekend, how can you argue against them rising to 3rd?
5. Boise State Broncos - As #15 Georgia rises in the rankings, Boise State starts looking legitimate.
6. Oklahoma Sooners - They can spoil Oklahoma State's title hopes but they lost Ryan Broyles, so that will be tough.
7. Oregon Ducks - They've only lost to the #1 team in the country.
8. Arkansas Razorbacks - They've only lost to the #3 team in the country. If they can beat LSU on 11/25, then the SEC West will have eliminated itself from the National Championship.
9. Clemson Tigers - Can clinch the ACC Atlantic with a win on Saturday.
10. Virginia Tech Hokies - Their only loss came to Clemson. Who says the ACC isn't that good?
Imagine this playoff:
#1 LSU vs. #8 Arkansas
#2 Oklahoma State vs. #7 Oregon Ducks
#3 Alabama vs. #6 Oklahoma
#4 Stanford vs. #5 Boise State
It's too bad we won't see that play out.