Thursday, July 31, 2008

MANNY BEING AN ASSHOLE


Manny continues to bitch and moan about his horrible life.

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me. During my years here, I've seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

The Red Sox never did anything to paint Pedro as a bad guy. And by the time Nomar was traded, he had already done more damage to his image in Boston than the team could ever hope to achieve on its own.

But Manny is right, the Boston Red Sox and Boston fans DON'T deserve a player like Manny. We don't deserve someone who keeps the bat on their shoulder in Yankee Stadium. We don't deserve someone who cries after being paid $150,000,000 by the team. We don't deserve someone who takes long stretches of games off because they simply don't feel like playing.



We deserve better.

There's a rumor circulating that the Red Sox are close to a three way deal that would send Jason Bay to Boston. That would be more than agreeable for me. Bay is signed until 2009, and is making $3.5M this season. He's got 22 HRs and 64 RBI (Manny has 20 and 68). Bay turns 30 in September, and is a potential long term replacement for Manny in left field. This would be a sensational deal if it gets done.

Source:
ESPN.com
Big League Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment